Monday, November 14, 2005

Thanksgiving Time

So we approach the time to go home and appreciate our gifts, our families, our homes, etc. I'm going home to just my folks, which is kinda sad considering that at one time my house was filled with 9 people living there permenantly, not to mention guests we'd have. Yet, I might be making it down to Miami for thanksgiving, to spend time with the family there. Sounds good, but it will be weird not being home. This Thanksgiving will be different. My birthday is November 24. My grandmother's was November 22. She passed away a month ago. I'm over the loss; she was 87 and not enjoying the state she was in. Yet, we always threw a party at our place and invited the usual Nicaraguans. Maybe not this year. It's a shame to end such a great tradition, but so it goes. I guess it's time to start a new tradition.

On another note, Monica is the gal I love. She's not doing so well b/c school is frustrating her into apathy which frustrates her cause she's not an apathetic person. She is overworked, underappreciated, and feels like she's drowning. There are great things in her life, like her friends, her situation, (eh hem) her boyfriend. But it is so hard to appreciate those things when times spent with them are cancelled or retarded due to work, meetings, rehearsals, etc. I hope Thanksgiving break is good to her. She, as far as I know, is staying her because it's prohibitively expensive to go home. It sucks to be away from her family in such a time, and it sucks that a lot of friends won't be here either. Hopefully she'll make it to Decatur and hang out with her illini family, the Koniches, or with her STL family, the Garcia-Maciases. She's loved no matter where she is. I love her a lot. Isn't she purrrty:)




She's gonna kick my ass for including this picture!

1 comment:

Monica said...

That is the most terrible picture EVER. I hate you.


If by hate, I mean I love you so very, very much. Thank you, my love, for keeping me in your thoughts, and prayers, and now, your blog. It honestly means so much; I don't know if you realize!

I love you, poodle. Hehe.

Me