Monday, October 02, 2006

Shots fired

Well, today was quite a day at work. In fact, I'm still at work but I felt the need to write something right now. The day involved affidavits with people who were the victims of domestic violence. A few tissues later, when my last client had just left, there were shots fired outside. I thought it was a crappy car backfiring, but one of my coworkers say she saw someone running in the alleyway b/n my building and the next, while someone else said she saw a silver accura and a group of people running the other way. Thank God my client had already left. But to think that some random group of teenagers are trying to kill each other right in front of this property is ridiculous and scary. Sad more than anything else. Why is shooting the only option? What happened that they can't talk? Too much pride? Retaliation? Turf wars? Whatever it is, its bullshit. And it's, above all, tragic. I don't think that anyone died or was actually hit, at least I don't know of anyone who was, although I haven't strolled around outside yet. But I do know that people heard it. And they are scared, or worse yet used to it and indifferent. I'm going to think about this all day. And I have to come back tomorrow and act like nothing happened. Cause I got two clients tomorrow too. That sucks. Thank God all those in this building and my community are ok.

No comments: