Monday, March 26, 2007

To Peru and Back

My boy, Atom, has some pictures of this momentous trip. Alas, I do not. But it was wonderful to see my bro and spend time with my family. Here's the neighborhood in which my bro and his community work at. This dog isn't theirs, but the community, Family of Jesus Healer (FJH) has four of their own with the men and a few more protecting the women. My bro was in charge of training a few of them, which gave him a pretty wicked scar when the trainee fought back.

 

Below here is a picture of my bro and FJH. Notice how green the grass is, and compare it to the dusty, dirty, cactusy picture above. They are neighbors. It shows how fertile the land is, but how dry it is. The grass is green (or exists at all) only if you have water to keep it growing. The community takes care of their land to make it a haven for themselves, those they help, and because they can. They have dug a well somewhere in the back, so they have the access to water that some of their constituents don't have. In the picture is (from the far left to far right) Tio Jose, Orlando (Hno. Jose Maria), Hno. Pio, Hno. Karol, Tia Fatima, and my pop's left side.



This last picture is of my boy Atom and me, on our way from Lima to Cusco, right before we hit up Machu Pichu. Little did we know that what Cusco held in store for us was my vomiting and Atom wanting to.



All in all, a good trip. Glory to God.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: